Sunday, March 1, 2009

Bible Verse for the Month of March

So, I guess now I will be doing Bible verses every month because every week was TO MUCH! Sorry, I didn't have one for last month, but I do have one for this month. And it's this:

1 Timothy 4:7-8

"...train yourself to be godly. 8For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come."

I don't know what it is, but I just felt this is a good verse for this month. For a while now, I been praying for wisdom and understanding, or to know more about God. Honestly, I don't know if many girls pray for things like this, but I do. I want to be Intellectually smart, but more then anything I want to be Biblically smart. Meaning, I want to know more about God and his Word. Since I was 12 or around there, I always thought it was cool that people could quote scriptures. For instance, when Pastor or a preacher would be preaching, people would be quoting the scriptures. I thought that was cool. So now, I try to read the Bible as much as I can and remember the scriptures as I read it. And, so far, it's been going well. On Tuesday & Sunday nights when Pastor preaches I know where he gets the verses from. Maybe not the exact scripture number, but I know which book to look in. And since I had that dream, I have been trying to work hard at it!

1 comments:

Audrey Nicole said...

Ah! LOL I just put a "scripture for the week" on my blog. I had no idea youw ere doing the same thing haha. Ay, great minds think alike :-)

Luv You!
Binks